Tuesday, July 28

Structure

I hate to be the mom that wishes for school to start, but...
I can't wait for school to start!

I don't mind my kids being home all day, but they get bored and they just sit around and look at me all day. They pretend to be interested in Days of Our Lives just so they can sit in front of the TV! I don't know why they won't play outside. We've had great weather and they have bikes and scooters.


R and M being bored.

The main reason I'm ready for school to start is the structure. I love a schedule! When school is in session, I can get my day started earlier. I plan dinners and activities. Everyone takes regular showers and goes to bed at a reasonable hour!

Cross country practice starts this afternoon and school starts two weeks from tomorrow. I made all the kids go to bed at 12:30 last night. I even had everyone up and out of bed by 1:00!

On the baby front, the twins are still in the hospital. They are out of NICU and sharing a bed. We are just waiting for them to eat more and keep gaining some weight. I think Michelle and Josh get to stay at the hospital with them tonight. I can't wait for them to be home. I know how hard this has been on Michelle! Please keep them in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I can't wait for school to start either. My little one is also getting bored and entertaining a four year old all day long can be a tad draining. I need a break!