Wednesday, July 22

Busy and Happy!

Last week at this time I was cooped up in the family truckster heading back to the KY. This week, I am getting ready to hop back in the family truckster and head on over to the hospital.

Why the hospital? Well, to visit my twin nieces, of course!

Jozie and Kealie were born Tuesday morning. Yes, they are a little early. Jozie is 5 pounds 6 oz. and Kealie is 4 pounds 2 oz. They are currently residing in the NICU, but are progressing hourly and aren't expected to spend very long there.

My house is a wreck! I feel like we came home from vacation dropped our bags and haven't stopped since. In reality, I unpacked all day Thursday. Friday was Jimmy's birthday. Saturday I spent the day in my pajamas and did laundry all day. Unfortunately, that laundry is still sitting in my bedroom unfolded! On Sunday, I went to my sister's to check out the babies' room and visit with the very pregnant girl! We had dinner together and said our goodbyes. I planned to accompany her to a doctor's appointment on Thursday.

Monday was Jim's birthday. I planned to wake up early and make my sweet husband breakfast in bed. As I was preparing for the day, I received a phone call from Michelle that she had been admitted to the hospital and the babies would be born sooner than expected! Of course, Jim was understanding and told me to head to the hospital. He's had 40 other birthdays and wasn't too excited about celebrating anyway!

I headed to the hospital and the decision was made to have the babies on Tuesday. After making sure Michelle was comfotable and taken care of I came home to have Jim's birthday celebration. He had a lovely steak dinner on the patio and we ended the day watching some DVDs he got.

Tuesday I had dentist appointments. Michelle and I figured the babies would not make their entrance to the world until later in the afternoon so I did not cancel my appointments. Well, when I got out of the dentist chair, I had 4 missed calls and two new nieces! I spent the rest of the day at the hospital and got to visit the NICU twice! The girls are beautiful!

Today, I am cleaning my house and catching up on errands. I might even fold that laundry!

We are so excited about the new addition to our family! Please keep Michelle and her daughters in your prayers. Oh and feel free to check out Michelle's blog and give her your best wishes!



2 comments:

Becky said...

I can just hear the excitement in your words! I am so very happy for both of you! Can't wait to see those 2 pretties! Love, Becky

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Aunty!