Monday, April 6

A Reminder for myself...

I was planning a totally different post today, but my heart told me THIS is what needed to be here...

I'm still training with Team in Training (don't forget to check out my website!) But, I'm gonna be honest...I just haven't really been into it these past couple of weeks.

I ran the 10k on March 21. My foot was hurting terribly and I was not happy with my finish time. From there I proceeded to slack off on all training. I even skipped the group run on March 28! I NEVER intended to skip a group run, but like I said, I just wasn't feeling it. Of course, I didn't run at all on vacation. That meant I got home on Friday night with the task of a 14 mile run on Saturday morning. I chose to go to the group run, but I did not run the full 14 miles. I ran 11 miles. That was probably the safest way to come back physically.

Mentally, I still wasn't there. Until, last night.

Peggy (Coleman's mom) posted an update on CarePages. She talked about going back to working, leaving Caden at daycare alone, etc. etc. How she does it, I'll never know. Then she posted a video from this time last year. The first 37 seconds of that video touched me in a way I cannot explain. My heart raced, my eyes filled with tears, there was (still is) a lump in my throat. There was that sweet baby boy, my dear Coleman, Running, Skipping, Riding around. So happy! So Alive!

OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS SO NOT FAIR!!!

And guess what...my mind is back in it! Oh that boy, my dear Coleman, he sure knows what he's doing! He keeps me on track and helps me through this journey in ways I never, ever expected! I love Coleman and I love Team Larson and they (and families like them) are why I'm doing this. I don't want anyone to have to go through again.

So...just a little reminder to myself.


4 comments:

Casey's trio said...

Good luck with your training and race! What an inspiring video:)

Michelle said...

All it takes sometimes is that little piece of motivation! Glad you are feeling better about it all!!!

Kirsten said...

I too watched that video last night and teared up. Peggy is amazing and an inspiration. I don't know where she gets her strength. I am missing Coleman a lot now. Most people would think that was weird since I didn't actually know him, but I know you understand :-)

Karen said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!